Thursday, March 5, 2009

My promise.

Though most people that know me would probably argue the point, I've never felt like I had enough to say to actually have my own blog. And though I've traveled extensively and lived outside the US for the past four years, I've never felt interesting enough to blog. Don't get me wrong, I like blogs. I'm addicted to a few and even have a daily craving for some of the laugh-out-loud stories and unfathomable intelligence behind their observations of life, but I'm so boring. What on earth would I talk about? How would I ever live up to the incredible pressure of having something witty and/or poignant to say on a regular basis? Could I possibly have anything of value to impart to my fellow sojourners? Would I ever be disciplined enough to be a faithful blogger? Would anyone want to read it anyway? And truly, I don't know.

I'm only confident in one thing at this point in my life and it's that I have no idea. I don't know if I'll be a good blogger. I certainly can't promise I'll write about big, life-changing revelations or dazzle you with my comedic genius. I'm sure I won't. You'll probably laugh more at me than with me. There will be days that you'll roll your eyes and days you'll question my sanity. You will want to argue with me and I'll like that. I will very likely go for weeks at a time not posting anything, followed by several weeks of three posts a day - I'm a journaling binge and purger. But I promise you this: for better or for worse, you'll get me - my thoughts, my frustrations, my perspective, my experiences, my joys, my struggle to understand the world around me. I don't know what else it will be, but it will absolutely be me - messy, vulnerable, and honest. That I can promise.

3 comments:

  1. Now that is what I call daring. Never stop being amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm glad you're blogging. You have stories to tell. I know some will be hard to read. But thanks for challenging the rest of us to carry the burden you've carried for so long, with you. For challenging us to open our eyes to a more uncomfortable reality.

    Kapow

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it already!! you have amazing things to share and you are an incredible writer. going to read the rest of the post....

    ReplyDelete